Friday, August 25, 2017

7.5 | Happy Half, Max!


I love how much kids enjoy growing older and how proudly they add that "half" to their years.  

At this age Max is content to build his wealth in best friends and baseball cards.  He sees goodness in everyone he meets.
I want to bottle up his innocence before its gone.

This whole business of growing-up is happening all around us, all the time.  Which is how celebrating half birthdays became a thing in our house.  

So on August 13th we stopped to have burgers and milkshakes, and take a good long look at the boy morphing into a young man right before our very eyes.  


Today he's long and lean and has more confidence than I can handle sometimes.  He's craving independence and autonomy more and more each day.  And every day I'm reeling him in and reminding him that he's still only 7.  Except now he crosses his arms firmly and says, "and a HALF!"  "Oh right...and a HALF.  My bad," I say in my most serious mom voice.

Happy Half to my sweet Max.  The one who started it all.



You knew this was coming...flashback




No comments:

Post a Comment