Monday, September 28, 2015

Its gotten real.

Having four kids "5-and-under" is no joke.  Things have gotten real, REAL fast in the Murray household with the addition of our sweet Milo.

There's more noise, less sleep, tested patience and just general pandemonium at times.  But even with all of that...we're celebrating the chaos...because the endless, boundless love that each individual child brings to our family is worth the growing pains a million times over.  
And truthfully, it's been easier than I thought it would be since the "bigs" have welcomed their littlest brother with open arms.  We've had no jealousy issues at all.  It's basically just me being needed in so many ways at the same time...Milo wants to eat...Fletcher needs help with his shoes...Sully wants me to do a puzzle with him...and Max wants to practice his reading.  I just take a deep breath and thank God that these are my struggles.  Four beautiful, healthy children need me.  I feel extremely fortunate.  And one by one each need is met.  We're all learning the art of patience.

Yes, having four young ones has pushed me to my capacity in many ways, but my capacity for love continues to grow.  There is infinite room in my heart for these sweet, messy, loud little babes.  

So, I've made the decision to surrender to the wildness. 
Sometimes you just have to lay on the floor with the cheerio crumbs and let the crazy consume you ;)  
Early morning hijinks.
Because I know I won't always be so needed.  Milo will sleep through the night sooner than I can imagine at this current sleep-deprived moment.  Fletcher will stop throwing everything within his reach and boldly disobeying me as his hobby.  (The older two certainly did at some point.)
It won't always be like this.  And that actually makes me more sad than happy.
Plaza Art Fair. You can't really see him, but sweaty baby #4 is snuggled in the carrier :)
 Max. Sullivan. Fletcher. Milo.
You four boys fill up my life more than you can imagine.  
I found myself when I became a mother. 
It's without a doubt the thing I was made for.

I love each of you to the far-reaching corners of my heart.
xo
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment