Monday, February 8, 2016

Milo // 5 Months


5 months old and life rushes on...
Dear Milo,
Even as the fast-paced world carries on around us, I take time to pause regularly in front of this mirror in your nursery.  Not only because you LOVE your reflection, but just to see us together.  To be on the outside looking in.  Who are we?  Who are we together?  What possibilities reside within you - currently tiny seeds - elements of who you're meant to be one day.  And what possibilities, small seeds yet to take root, are still inside of me?   I catch glimpses of the answers when we stop to search our reflection for what lies beneath the surface.  We're constantly changing and becoming.  One of us more noticeably than the other :)  Looking in the mirror removes the veil of the everyday rush.  It requires me to cease my constant motion for once.  And look.  Things become apparent that are not so obvious to the naked eye when hurrying through life.  In our reflection, for a moment, I can see clearly.
I see you, chubby and strong and happy. 
I see me, tired yet content.  
I see two lives with a lot left to do.
I see unwashed hair, spit-up stains and motherhood at its most ordinary.  
I see a baby at the beginning of his story, and I know without a doubt it's going to be a good one.
I see life as it is for now, but not for long.
I see what's important.
I see love.
Onward, my darling.  Next month is the bittersweet "6 Month" mark and I'm trying to be ok with that.
My whole heart,
Momma

1 comment: