Monday, April 4, 2016

The Promise of Easter

The renewal that accompanies Easter and Springtime has an impact on me every year.
From tragedy to transformation, the journey toward a new beginning is a story that never loses hope.

In this season that promises life I'm filled with so much anticipation for things to come.  All things.  There is goodness and love and joy for all of us if we seek it.  That may sound trite, but I know its the truth deep in my heart.  I find it daily because I'm constantly looking.  My momma taught me, and still teaches me, to see beauty in spite of any sadness or heartache.

The green-ing grass and longer days and boys playing in the backyard has me breathing a sigh of relief that spring has arrived.

It always feels good to have a fresh start, doesn't it?

**********

This Lenten and Easter season brought me a lot of peace.  I think this might be the first year that we experienced Easter as fully as we were meant to.

We experienced the humility of foot washing on Holy Thursday.
Max read from the Jesus Storybook Bible which explains the Last Supper and why Jesus washed the disciples feet in terms that the kids can grasp.  After some hesitation from the boys and the "I can wash my OWN feet!" comments their hearts softened to the idea.
Milo is ticklish :)
Fletcher kept saying, "Like dis, Momma?  Like dis?"  My heart might have burst.
This was a good alternative to getting everyone out the door for Holy Thursday services.  New family tradition as long as we have little ones.

We experienced the pageantry of the Easter Vigil.  
He couldn't believe that the fire from ONE big candle lit everyone's smaller candles throughout the church.  What a beautiful and meaningful illustration for a child.  It meant so much to me to share this night with Max.  He was captivated by the whole thing.  I, of course, cried...as I do every year.  Max saw me tearing up at the song "Come to the Water" and he said "Don't worry, Momma...I don't mind if you want to cry."
photos courtesy of Visitation's FB page :)

We experienced the excitement of egg hunts.

 And here are a "few" snaps of the rest of our celebrations:

The boys fresh out of the bath and sooo excited for Easter.
Max read to his brothers before heading to the Easter Vigil with me.
Fletch comforting Milo.
 The boys are yelling HAPPY EASTER!!  And Milo's not sure how he ended up here :)
  The Easter Baskets!
Max likes birds.
Sully likes bugs.
Fletch loves bubbles.
We have a very kind Easter Angel who dropped off a povatica for breakfast :)  So many thoughtful people in our lives.

Meyers family Easter...
 

Murray family Easter...

In these moments I see love and light and joy.
There is so much beauty in life lived with arms wide open.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment