Sunday, November 12, 2017

Fletcher is FOUR! | A "Dragons Love Tacos" Party


Dear Fletcher,

Four years old! It’s been a blink. A flash. A blur. You are my heart and also my hardest work.  Strong-willed, quick and charismatic. You challenge me to my core…there are times you leave me speechless (and maybe even outsmarted). But you truly are my little sidekick and our connection runs deep.
Every morning, after you hear your Dad shut the backdoor on his way to work, you tip toe into my room and tunnel under the covers.   Before your brothers are even stirring from sleep we talk about dinosaurs and Paw Patrol.  And you always, without fail, cup your little hands on my cheeks and say "you wook bootiful, momma" with a sincerity that makes me believe it's true in spite of my dark circles and messy hair.  These are our best moments together.  You’re sweet and sleepy and lean into just “being” without plotting how to be one step ahead of me:)
Last week you asked me, Does being a momma mean if you are chilly, and also your kid is chilly, you still want to give him your blanket anyway?” And I said, “That’s exactly what it means, Fletcher. The best definition I’ve ever heard.

I hope the next four years pass a little more slowly, although I know the reality is that they will go twice as fast. 

Happy fourth birthday, Fletcher-man.  So thankful for this wild ride with you.

My whole heart,
Momma

YOUR PARTY!  | Dragon's Love Tacos

I was happy this was the theme you picked.  I LOVE that you love tacos as much as me (and dragons, of course).  But I've been crazy busy recently (all good stuff) and I literally didn't plan a single detail other than "make tacos" until 3 days before your party.  I scrambled to find the pinata you wanted, make a sign and come up with a quick "pin the tail on the dragon" game.  It always comes together in the end.  And a smile on your face is all I need to declare the party a success.
Adding a few more "tomatoes" to our taco cake. 
He also helped me make the mini "taco" cupcake toppers out of cookies.

Helping me with the taco garland.

This one...no help at all;)

Fletch & Clara born just hours apart and best friends forever.

Annabelle & Sully, being cute.
Cousins!

Pin the Tail on the Dragon.




the Taco Cave full of cookies and donations for the Children's Mercy Mitten Drive.

Adorable cookies from The Sugared Shamrock!

with Lolli and his new Hatchimal.

with Mimi & PopPop (and Max, photo-bombing)

We had so much fun celebrating you.
I hope four was everything you wished for!

No comments:

Post a Comment